Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. All agreed terms of the contract between the customer (you the buyer) and the company (Sandford Warm Roofs Limited) are contained in this document, unless otherwise agreed in writing with signature of both parts.
2. This contract is conditional upon a satisfactory report by the company’s surveyor. Upon receiving the survey report the company has the right by written notice to the customer to cancel this contract. The company if it so chooses may cancel the contract in all respects, without liability on either side, except that the company shall return any deposit paid by the customer straight away and without interest.
3. The customer agrees access to the premises at reasonable times to facilitate the carrying out and completion of the contract and the schedule of work.
4. All contract and delivery dates are made subject to the conditions that fires, strikes or other causes beyond the control of the company do not interfere with their execution and the company shall not be held responsible any for loss incurred by the customer arising from any delay beyond the control of the company. All installation dates are made in good faith but, it is a hazard of our business that these dates may have to be altered and that they must remain flexible.
5. The company’s representatives are authorised to collect cheques or cash payment on behalf of the company. Deposit payments shall be paid on placement of a confirmed order. In the event that you fail survey your deposit shall be returned minus 5% for costs incurred. All stage payments and completion payments must be made at the appropriate time and by one payment method only unless written agreement is obtained from us. The company reserves the right to charge interest on outstanding balances that are overdue for payment at a rate of 5% per month over the prevailing base lending rate at the date of contract as issued by HSBC Bank Plc. The company can accept payment by Credit Card but there is a 2.0% charge on the total transaction amount for Maestro, Mastercard, Visa Credit Cards and Non-UK issued debit cards to cover processing costs.
ALL CHEQUES TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO SANDFORD WARM ROOFS LIMITED.
6. Delayed installations, which are requested by the customer, may be subject to price increase if a period of more than 24 weeks has elapsed since the date of this order before the products are installed. It is not our intention to increase prices after the 24-week period, but some economic factors may cause this to be necessary, for example, an increase in labour costs or material costs may prevail at that time.
7. As all products in this contract are specifically made to order and manufactured to a specific installation, it must be clearly understood by the customer that this is a binding contract and not subject to cancellation by the customer under any circumstances.
8. Title to all products, materials and goods supplied by the company shall not pass to the customer until payment has been made in full under the contract to the company.
9. LIEN; in respect of all amounts due to the seller (the company) from the buyer (the customer) under any contract the seller shall have general lien upon any goods or property of the buyer in either the buyer or the sellers possession, and shall after a period of 10 days notice to the buyer be entitled to recover such goods by legal means and be entitled to dispose of such goods or property for cash and apply the proceeds towards any payment amounts outstanding to the company.
10. The glass used cannot necessarily be perfection guaranteed. There are certain phenomenon’s that occur in glass, and a variety of the processes used to produce your glass that is deemed to be acceptable level of quality. Details of these are given in the terms & conditions we receive from our glass suppliers and are available on request.
11. The company is unable to guarantee to remove any objects, panes or existing structures intact and without damage where they were required to be
retained by the customer.
12. Where any hardwood, softwood or other timber materials have been installed the customer shall be responsible for their proper maintenance.
13. Where lead work has been installed the customer shall be responsible for its proper maintenance.
14. The company will attempt to keep the site area tidy and safe at all times during the installation. The company is not responsible for any re-
landscaping of the garden areas or other land adjacent to the new conservatory roof other than that mentioned in the details of the contract. All due care and attention will be taken to create as little disturbance and damages as are practically possible during the installation. The company accepts no responsibility for damages arising from structural or other defects in your existing building and cannot be responsible for not having anticipated such defects in advance of the installation. The survey carried out by our company is for the purpose of replacing a conservatory roof and is not a structural or building survey of your existing property.
15. The company acknowledges that the customer’s rights to cancel this contract under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 are in no way affected.
16. In an effort to maintain continual improvement in our products, the company reserves the right to amend or alter the product specification and the components within the products from time to time. The company is not bound to make reference to the customer when such changes occur.
Sandford Warm Roofs Guarantee
1. This guarantee covers: windows, doors, roofline, new conservatories with a tiled roof, replacement conservatory frames/doors and replacement conservatory roofs.
2. Please retain this document. Guarantees will be processed on full and final payment.
3. The installation carries a 10-year conditional guarantee, as listed: 10 years on product, 1 year on moving parts I.e hinges, handles & locking systems.
4. With exception of the items mentioned below the company guarantee to repair, replace or make good any item manufactured, supplied or installed which proves to be defective or is the result of faulty workmanship for a period of 10 years. This guarantee does not affect the statutory rights of the customer in any way.
5. All claims for surface damages, blemishes etc must be made within 1 week of completion of installation.
6. This guarantee is conditional upon the products having been used in the correct manner and maintained in accordance with our recommendations.
7. This guarantee in the homeowner’s name, if the property is sold the guarantee must be transferred to the new owner to sustain validity.
8. If a service call is required and Sandford Warm Roofs are found not to be at fault then a cost to remedy will be provided.
1. This guarantee excludes normal wear and tear.
2. This guarantee does not cover glass breakages.
3. The surface coatings of all door and window furniture (handles etc) shall be guaranteed for a period of one year.
4. The company does not accept responsible for the weathering of external building work.
5. All electrical and plumbed appliances (including; face plates, sockets, wall switches, lamps, and light fittings, heaters, air conditioning units, electric motors etc) supplied and fitted by the company are guaranteed for a period of one year from the date they were fitted.
6. Patio work is not covered by this guarantee.
7. CAD drawings are for pictorial use only and form on part off any subsequent contract documentation.
Sandford Warm Roofs Ltd
Amended February 2016